The confinement period is extremely crucial for a mother's body to recuperate, especially since they have to juggle feeding & taking care of the newborn.
Contents in the confinement pack contains a variety of fish rich in nutrients to help the mother recuperate.
The confinement pack contains:
1) Threadfin fillet 400g x1 (worth $30)
2) Cod fish steak 250g x2 (worth $35)
3) Cod fillet (best part of cod) ~1 kg (with spinal bone separated for soup) (worth $70)
4) Salmon fillet 400g x1 (worth $14)
5) Red snapper fillet 300g x1 (worth $10.5)
6) Threadfin fish head (~1 kg) x1 (worth $18)
for a total of $177.5!
It is more than sufficient for one person and two people can share each piece of fillet.
Doris (our mother) strongly recommends the fish head due to its affordability ($18/kg) and the amount of nutrients packed in it! We will chop it into small pieces so that all you have to do is to steam it.
Cod is one of the essentials for confinement packages, but it is also important to include variety in the consumption of seafood. If the mother wants even more variety, try fish from the sea (not farmed) such as:
1) Emperor red snapper
2) Red grouper
3) Black grouper
4) Golden snapper
6) Ang go li